William J. Lundregan, a Salem native, is a graduate of St. John's Preparatory School and Boston College where he received his degree in accounting. Mr. Lundregan is also a graduate of Boston College Law School.
Mr. Lundregan began his career as Associate Tax Counsel for United Shoe Machinery Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts and was then associated with the tax department of Arthur Young & Company, a Certified Public Accounting Firm in Boston, Massachusetts. Mr. Lundregan was appointed First Assistant Clerk of the First District of Essex in 1969 and served in that position until 1975. Mr. Lundregan has served as special counsel to the Essex County Commissioners from 1975 to 1977 for the construction of the First District Court of Essex and has served as General Counsel to the Essex County Treasurer from 1978 to 2000 as General Counsel to the Dukes County Treasurer from 1989 to 1996 and is presently General Counsel to the Essex Regional Retirement Board, the Salem Contributory Retirement Board, and the Salem Housing Authority.
Mr. Lundregan was also General Counsel to the Roger Conant Cooperative Bank from 1980 to 1983 and was General Counsel to the Greater Salem Employees Federal Credit Union from 1989 to 2005. Mr. Lundregan is a Corporator, Trustee, and serves on the Executive Committee of the Salem Five Cents Savings Bank. Mr. Lundregan is a former President and current Trustee of the Salem Athenaeum, Salem, Massachusetts, former Trustee of the Glen Urquhart School, Beverly Farms, Beverly, Massachusetts, former Director and President of the Salem Rotary Club, and former Trustee of North Shore Catholic Charities, Peabody, Massachusetts.
Mr. Lundregan is a member of the Essex County Bar Association, Salem Bar Association, and the Salem Rotary Club.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Elder Law
- Real Estate Law
- Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Boston College
- Major: Accounting
- St. John's Preparatory School
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Essex County Bar Association, Member
- Salem Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- United Shoe Machinery Corporation, Boston, Massachusetts, Associate Tax Counsel
- Arthur Young & Company
- First District of Essex, First Assistant Clerk, 1969 to 1975
- Essex County Commissioner, Special Counsel, 1975 to 1977
- Essex County Treasurer , General Counsel, 1978 to 2000
- Dukes County Treasurer, General Counsel, 1989 to 1996
Pro Bono Activities
- General Counsel, Roger Conant Cooperative Bank , 1980 to 1983
- General Counsel, Greater Salem Employees Federal Credit Union, 1989 to 2005
- Trustee and serves on the Executive Committee, Salem Five Cents Savings Bank
- President, Salem Rotary Club
- Former Trustee, North Shore Catholic Charities
- Former Director and President, Salem Rotary Club
- Former Trustee of the Glen Urquhart School, Beverly Farms, Beverly, Massachusetts