- C.O.O./Litigation Associate
Allison R. Burns is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States District Court in the District of Massachusetts. Attorney Burns is an accomplished attorney at Casey & Lundregan, who has chosen to specialize her practice to Fiduciary Litigation. With a focus on client relationships, Attorney Burns strives to give care and attention to each and every client involved in a litigation matter.
Attorney Burns graduated Cum Laude from Suffolk University Law School. In her first year of law school, Attorney Burns earned the award of Distinguished Oral Advocate in Suffolk’s Legal Practice Skills program, a rigorous practical skills class. Allison was admitted to the Suffolk University Law Review as a staff writer and then served as a Note Editor in her third year. Allison’s published work, Tightening the Bridle: Guiding Judicial Discretion in Child Custody Decisions (Pending Massachusetts House Bill 1207), was incorporated into the 50th edition of the Suffolk University Law Review in 2017. In her third year, Allison participated in Suffolk University’s prestigious Clinical Programs as a Juvenile Defender.
Prior to law school, Allison graduated Summa Cum Laude from Elmira College, where she received her Bachelor of Science in Economics and International Business. Prior to graduation, she was inducted to Phi Beta Kappa, America’s most prestigious honor society. She also played for the Elmira College Women’s Field Hockey Team as a midfielder throughout college and served as secretary of her class.
Allison is a proud member of the Real Estate Bar Association (REBA) and the Essex County Bar Association. Allison and her husband, Tyler, live in Medford, Massachusetts with their puppy, Ringo.
Areas of Practice
- Fiduciary Litigation 50%
- Residential Real Estate 50%
- Massachusetts, 2017
- U.S. District Court, 2018
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: cum laude
- Elmira College, Elmira, New York
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Economics and International Business
- Tightening the Bridle: Guiding Judicial Discretion in Child Custody Decisions , Suffolk University Law Review , 50th, 2017
- Including Statutory Factors: Guiding without Limiting Judicial Discretion in Child Custody Cases, Massachusetts Family Law Journal, Volume 34, Issue No. 2, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Real Estate Bar Association , 2016 to Present
- Essex County Bar Association, 2018 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Warshaw DiCarlo & Associates, P.C., Law Clerk, 2016 to 2017
- "Careers in Trust & Estates Law," Panelist, The Real Estate Bar Association for Massachusetts, April 2021